What is IGCSE Global Perspectives?
Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives provides opportunities for enquiry into, and reflection on, key global issues from different perspectives: personal, local/national and global.
Cambridge IGCSE Global Perspectives encourages awareness of global problems and offers a range of opportunities to explore solutions through cooperation and collaboration.
The course is not about getting everybody to think identically; rather it is a matter of opening minds to the complexity of the world and of human thought, and encouraging empathy for the diversity of human experience and feeling.
Goal for students: Grade 'A'
To achieve grade 'A', the candidate is likely to be able to:
• research global issues and identify, analyse and evaluate a range of different perspectives, arguments and sources of evidence
• evaluate evidence and reasoning used, with their own comments fully developed
• show clear understanding with some insight of how the perspectives and conclusions of others have influenced own views, attitudes and personal learning
• develop a convincing line of reasoning, using evidence to support an argument, perspective, course of action or outcome
• collaborate effectively to clearly communicate different cultural perspectives, remaining active and committed throughout the process.